Age 8 - 11
About the Programme
The Junior Game Developer programme is developed by Nullspace, originally designed for Singapore schools under Code for Fun (CFF) initiative and Computer Enrichment Programme (CEP) for the Gifted Education Programme schools.
More than a scratch coding class, this programme is designed to encourage logical thinking and problem solving skills. Students will be confronted with a game project or problem to tackle every session. Lessons are conducted using the Scratch 3.0 software developed by MIT Media Lab.
Small Class Size
- 3 students to 1 instructor
10 hours per Course Level
- 4 sessions of 2.5 hours (Weekend Classes & Holiday Bootcamps)
Scratch Coding Class
- Block based Scratch programming
- Creating a Scratch portfolio with an online Scratch account
- Graphical Based Programming using Scratch 3.0
- Programming Flowchart
- Translating a game design into programming rule
What Will Students Receive?
- Online Scratch Coding Portfolio
- All students will receive a Certificate of Completion for each project
- Certificate of Achievement will be issued upon passing of the Scratch Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced Proficiency Test respectively
- Students must complete at least 2x Projects from the Tier before enrolling in the Proficiency Test.
- There is no additional fee for enrolling in the Proficiency Tests.
Scratch Coding Class Activities
The fun way to learn computational thinking skills!
There are a total of 6 Projects in this programme. Each project consists of 4 sessions x 2.5 hours of course work, with students working on one guided game project each session.
Tug of War & Crossy Road
Save the Safari
Hungry Baby Shark
Fast Food Restaurant
Catch the Fruit
Whack a Mole
Course Purchase and Registration
If you are intending to register for just one course level (4 sessions x 2.5 hours @ $380), you may proceed to register and make payment without purchasing course package. Otherwise you might consider purchasing our course packages below. Find out more about our course packages here!
Check Out Our Class Schedule and Book Classes Here!
Our year end holiday programmes will be offered on a home based learning format through online video conferencing. No software installation required!
Registration of the class is only confirmed upon payment of course fees (via credit card / PayPal) upon checkout, or by redeeming an existing course package.
Unsure about our how to book classes? Check out our New Online Registration System Guide!